A Models: The A models are square, top loading manual kilns.
B Models: These kilns are polygon, top loading manually controlled.
C Models: These kilns are square top loading or front loading kilns with gray sheet steel outer skins.
- Digital/Electronics Kilns: the Cress E-Series electronic kiln features the most advanced electronic control on the market. It provides 5 (rather than 3) preset easy-to-use firing speeds, plus available custom programming capability, for an almost infinitely flexible range of firing profiles.
- Firemate/Automatic Kilns: the Cress firemate is the most popular automatic kiln on the market today. Its design has been patented in 16 countries for its excellent and unique control system, which gradually increases power to the kiln throughout the firing process.
Cress Mfg. Company is now offering kilns for the fuser and glass slumping professionals and hobbyist.
- Fuser Kilns: are equipped with an infinite control switch, high-temperature pyrometer to aid in the firing process. The pyrometer consists of a heat-sensing device (thermocouple) connected to meter readout. This Pyrometer is especially important when working with glass to measure the progress of firing and temperature of the kiln.
- Fuser E Kilns: are equipped with an electronic 3 key controller, LED readout display. The software of this controller has four user programs. Each program can have up to eight segments with each segment consisting of a ramp rate (in degrees per hour), a target temperature, and a hold time.
Front Loading Kilns
These kilns are constructed of heavy angle frame steel sheet metal, multi-bank insulation of up to 6.5″. Front opening, vaulted ceiling for strength. It is the ideal kiln for large loads of porcelain, sculptures, pottery or ceramics. Great slow cooling for hand made work.
These units are available with manual controls, automatic and electronic.
“Heat Treating Furnaces” also known as hardening furnaces
Heat treat (Hardening) furnaces have higher heat output power than draw furnaces due to the elevated temperatures at which they operate. Heat transfer to the tool steel is accomplished by a very efficient process called direct radiation. Temperature uniformity in these furnaces is best in the red heat range. Normal maximum temperature is 1232°C (2250°F). Optional 1316°C (2400°F.) maximum temperature versions are available.
Check out our Superior Patented Vent System
Achieve breakthrough colors with your Cress kiln Discover how good clean uncontaminated colors can be. Achieve pure, more natural colors with the new Cress Patented clean-air unit.
This system exhausts kiln fumes separately from the top, middle, and bottom of the kiln to prevent cross-contamination of colors so they look their very best. It also keeps fumes out of your kiln room by venting them outside.
Invaluable tools for firing ceramics.
Check on the progress of a firing. Know when you are getting close to the cone temperature. No surprises. Know how the temperature is changing throughout the firing. Check kiln temperature uniformity.
- Check on the progress of a firing. Know when you are getting close to the cone temperature. No surprises.
- Know how the temperature is changing throughout the firing.
- Check kiln temperature uniformity.